Rainbow dumplings at its finest .🌈
We are in love!
Made with love by @farmandapron
9,6629323 March, 2019
Quattro volte sono stato a #Londra , ma mai come questa volta ho trovato così tanto sole. Davvero bello, pensate che l’anno scorso in questi giorni qui eravamo a -6 gradi. Ps Dietro le mie spalle è l’ingresso a #ChinaTown 🇨🇳 🇬🇧
South Putuo or Nanputuo (Chinese: 南普陀寺; pinyin: Nán Pǔtuó Sì; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lâm-phó͘-tô-sī) is a famous Buddhist temple founded in the Tang dynasty in the Chinese city of Xiamen. It is so named because it is south of the Buddhist holy site Mount Putuo in Zhejiang Province.
South Putuo Temple.
• While on the photowalk last week and chatting with kindred photographers, whenever I would be asked “How long have you been doing photography?” and I replied “Over ten years”, I would be meet with wide-eyes 👀 and a hats off. Then I realized I was a bit of a Dinasaur compared to many others there hahah 👵🏽. It occurred to me that I didn’t learn photography like them, solely via Youtube + Instagram. So here’s a very rough “history” of how I got into and learned photography, where I obtained information and stuff, since many of you looking at my photos today may not know my foundations…✨
1. I used to be shutter-happy just like the community I met on Friday, taking photos of absolutely everything 🤩
2. I decided to turn my creative interest into something serious. First completed 3 intro classes in a college in my native Montreal, 🇨🇦 then went after a 2 year night-time Diploma in Photography (Lighting, Theory & Composition) and Digital Imaging (@Photoshop) at Concordia University 🤓
3. This might need a separate post... but I learned to respect the History of photography via my teachers, books (of course) and pioneer bloggers such as @annstreetstudio, @garancedore, and well…those are just to name a few ♥️
4. I shadowed photographers in their studios! And co-shared my own at some point ☺️ It wasn’t easy.
5. I ran/still run a small photography business. Food, travel, portraits and everyday life moments are my favourite types of photography. I also did a bit of events (weddings, parties) - #BossBabe
6. But I also subscribed to magazines (🍆 Millenials: a magazine is real-life Instagram that you can hold in your hands and flip through 🤣) @pdnonline and @wallpapermag - because inspiration comes from anywhere
7. I created my own trips ✈️with the main goal of attending @photoplusofficial in New York 🗽 and @gulfphotoplus in Dubai 🐪 to socialize, network and meet other photographers 📸
8. I was never a photography gear / tech nerd…I’m more about the story that the photo tells.
9. My website is linked in bio - stay tuned as I’ll be adding some updated photography.
Thank you for continuing to support,❤️ and engage with my photos! Comment below, share how you started 😗