Finally male equality
Earlier this year, California passed a law outlawing the use of gender to determine auto insurance rates. The Insurance Commissioner for California called the move an effort to ensure that insurance prices are based on factors within the driver's control. California has previously disallowed pricing based on credit, education, and homeowning status. In the US, men under 25 typically pay about 10% more for insurance than their female peers. This disparity decreases as drivers age, as male driving becomes less risky and driving history can be taken into account. Factors such as marital status and location can still be considered.
#politics #news #currentevents #politica #politik #politicalscience #politicalcompass #balancetheballot #youth #voting #mun #debate #discussion #politcaldebate #gender #equality #carinsurance #california #californian #america #american #men #women #man #woman #female #male #usa
Finally male equality
Of course it would be california
Something I actually with Cali on
California did something good finally
And now all the rates will rise. Thanks again California!
This is actually a surprise to me because states aren’t really passing a lot of laws to make it equal when women have the clear advantage.... then again it will probably raise rates for everyone 🤷🏾♂️
That’s like McDonald’s charging obese people more...
I enjoyed your previous post more tbh, but interesting story
@amedeo_leproni Men are charges more because they are behind the wheel more, which technically has an increased risk of a vehicle crash. Women, despite driving less, are more dangerous behind the wheel says the University of Michigan. They did a study and analyzed 6 million car crashes. I’m assuming the insurance companies take that standpoint saying because men are behind the wheel longer they are more prone to crashing. Obviously this is true because anytime you go out in a car you’re prone to a crash, but I think it was just a way for the companies to get more money
Fuck insurance companies lol
I agree with this
Hahahahaha! Now everyone gets to pay more! Hahahahaha! Great job y’all. 😂
@micahbridges1 actuaries don’t get paid what they do for nothing man. There’s a reason guys’ insurance payments are more otherwise actuaries wouldn’t have jobs. Also ur statistic is confusing- r u saying 70% of females cause accidents or are involved in them? Plus even if ur right it doesn’t tell us anything- cuz for example if they’re mostly minor fender benders, and the other 25% are extreme accidents the men can still cost more than the majority of accidents..... THIS is what actuaries calculate to determine premiums. Educate yourself m8.
@scottayboii it’s just a discussion haha. No need for me to “educate myself.” And what I meant was, out of all United States vehicle crashes, 70% of them are caused by women. Men account for the other 30% and it didn’t matter how small the crash is, its a payment an insurance company might have to cover
I like the male equality thing for once
i swear california is the dumbest fucking state
"within the drivers control" so insurance should be the same for sports cars vs mini vans because the driver could drive slow? Statistics show male, young, fast cars, uneducated, single, all increase risk for accidents. Way to ignore facts, California.
Regardless of the reasons behind it, can we not just be happy? This is another step towards gender equality. It is unfair for women to say their rate should be lower because men drive more agressively. Women are just as capable of driving agressively, there are just less women that do. There are men who do not drive agressively, and this change helps them. Simple solution: Just... don’t be a bad driver.
But the insurance is already based on factors 🤷🏽♂️. Smh 🤦🏽♂️, this is why California is going down first. ✊🏽 😂
Gr8 for me I’m moving out
Wow did I just agree with California?
Yes lads, time to be reckless
This is private business stop messing with capitalism
Yep they will just raise the Female rate to match the Male rate. Typical liberal shit, symbolism over substance. On the outside this looks like they are making things equal. The reality is they get to make more profit on women now........
California is screwed.
this is a good thing lol